Insurers must integrate their Solvency II Own Risk and Solvency Assessments (Orsas) into their management planning if they are to generate value for their business and policyholders, delegates heard at Insurance Risk's Nordics conference in Stockholm.
Despite the stipulation of the Solvency II directive that a firm's Orsa must be "an integral part of the business strategy… taken into account on an ongoing basis in the strategic decisions of the undertaking", in practice, this is seldom the case,
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules