The pace at which regulation is being introduced in Denmark threatens to “overload” insurance companies’ boards and increases the risk that the implementation of new requirements will be faulty, says Hasse Jørgensen, chief executive officer of Sampension.
Speaking at the Insurance Risk Nordics conference in Stockholm, Jørgensen claimed that regulators across Europe are striving to develop more detailed and higher-impact regulation at a faster pace than attempted before. In 2013, 24 new pieces of
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines