Asset managers are refining their exchange-traded fund (ETF) products in a bid to attract insurers seeking to invest in a wider range of credit securities.
Earlier this month Pimco released an actively managed ETF investing in covered bonds to appeal to insurers looking for easy access to an asset class that receives favourable treatment under Solvency II.
This follows BlackRock's launch of iSharesBonds in 2013, a range of term maturity ETFs targeted at insurers that want to move out of
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules