Pension funds need to be wary of hedge funds and look to other absolute return strategies with lower risk, according to Stephen Lowe, a consultant for the Railways Pension Trustee Company (Railpen).
Speaking at the Amsterdam Hedge Funds for Pension Funds conference held last month, Lowe told delegates that they should work with existing traditional managers to deliver better risk-adjusted returns rather than just turn to hedge funds.
The murkiness and complexity of the hedge fund world mean a new
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden