With a broadly ageing population and a rapidly developing insurance market, the Asia-Pacific region should be an increasingly attractive prospect for bancassurance and investment-linked insurance products. Japan, for example, is home to the world’s second largest variable annuity market with ¥18 trillion of assets under management, according to Nomura.
Despite the attractive underlying market fundamentals for guaranteed investment products, however, dealers say the region’s variable annuity
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules