Investment risk may soon be factored into the risk-based levy UK pension funds have to pay to protect policyholders against their insolvency, depending on the results of a consultation launched by the Pension Protection Fund (PPF).
The Croydon-based PPF's proposals for a new bottom-up approach to the calculation of the levy are part of its strategy to become self-sufficient by 2030 – the point at which it expects the majority of its liabilities to have crystallised. It also came as a response to
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines