The premier of Ontario has proposed a series of reforms to modernise the Canadian state’s pension system, including measures aimed at ensuring sustainable funding of benefits, resolving disputes over surplus distribution, and granting C$500 million (£305 million) to the reserves of the Ontario Pension Benefit Guarantee Fund (PBGF).
The reforms will require the use of market interest rates to value plan liabilities, limit the actuarial value assets to within 20% of market value and require the in
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data