Despite the significant challenges hampering its attempt last year to launch a longevity bond onto the Chilean market the move to transfer longevity risk onto the capital markets is an "irreversible trend", according to Ivan Zelenko, head of derivatives and structured finance at the World Bank's treasury department.
In 2009 the World Bank, in conjunction with one major bank and global reinsurer, attempted to issue a longevity bond, indexed against the life experience of annuitants in the Latin
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?