A damning report by ratings agency Fitch has called for greater guidance, transparency and consistency into the application of Market Consistent Embedded Value (MCEV) principles while claiming continued prevarication over the standards is harming the European life insurance industry.
The report, titled Embedded Value: Valuable, But More Consistency Needed, claimed that “rather than improving matters, MCEV seems to have worsened the situation” as “frequent changes” to Embedded Value (EV)
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?