Current UK interest rate policy and the Bank of England’s quantitative easing programme is having a damaging effect on pension funds’ ability to de-risk effectively and hedge interest and inflation risks, representing a “huge systemic risk”, according to a UK pension expert.
Phil Page, client manager with consultancy firm Cardano, said that while UK funds were increasingly aware of the dangers of un-hedged interest rate and inflation risk, there were concerns over the relative expense of de
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights