The pension scheme of Daily Mail & General Trust, the owner of the Daily Mail and Euromoney magazine, has hired Paul Haines as investment director. The defined benefit pension fund, which is 73% invested in equities, had a total FRS17 liability of £1.4 billion and a net deficit of £158 million, according to DM>'s 2004 annual report. Haines was formerly a partner and investment consultant at Lane Clark & Peacock.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants