Calls by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) for the UK government to create a market for longevity bonds have been praised by senior figures in the UK pension sector.
As part of a comprehensive eight-point action plan to restore confidence in the long-term viability of defined benefit pension schemes, the CBI has called on the government to "seed a market for products that help firms manage their liabilities, such as longevity bonds".
Professor David Blake, director of the Pensions
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?