2008 has seen average house prices fall by 15%, mortgage lending levels drop by 45%, and repossessions increase by 12% between the second and third quarters alone. No word but crisis can be used to describe the state of the UK's housing sector, as lenders exit the market and unemployment soars in the financial services sector.
But one part of the mortgage market is set for expansion - equity release. A report by Mintel, a market research company specialising in predicting consumer behaviour,
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules