Ceramics and high-tech materials manufacturer, Morgan Crucible, has completed the first buy-out of an open scheme with its deal to offload the pensioner liabilities of its £450 million pension plan to start-up bulk purchase annuity (BPA) provider Lucida.
The £170 million deal will result in Lucida effectively providing a "buy-in" for Morgan Crucible by providing the Windsor-based company with an insurance policy for its 2,700 pensioners. This will see the BPA company guarantee the income required
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules