Flexible and opportunistic global macro funds are being tipped to outperform other hedge fund strategies in the short to medium term. According to a recent survey by Deutsche Bank, institutional investors believe global macro will be the best performing hedge fund strategy in 2009. Of the respondents, 47% said they intended to allocate additional capital to the strategy over the course of the year.
What is undisputed is the strategy's performance in 2008 as one of the better performing, down
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia