All I want for Christmas is liquidity.
Although, to be honest, that is just the tip of the iceberg of a wish list of factors needed to restore anything approaching the level of trust needed for markets and the world's financial system to start operating normally again.
As superlatives continue to flow, the world economy appears set on a full-scale rapid descent into a period of negative growth. How long that situation will continue is anyone's guess.
Central bankers, market traders,
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights