Central clearing is a "mess" as a result of the impact of the leverage ratio on clearing brokers, according to buy-side market participants, but in limited circumstances asset managers may consider clearing earlier than they have to.
These are some of the views expressed by three buy-side participants at a Eurex and Global Markets Exchange Group (Gmex) panel discussion held in London on September 30.
Russ Oxley, head of rates and liability-driven investment (LDI) at Old Mutual Investors, which
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden