Current investor interest in credit hedge fund strategies is well below the levels seen in the prior three years.
In Q4 2014, amid a string of six consecutive months decline in asset-weighted performance for fixed income hedge fund strategies as a whole, the overall group faced redemptions of $8.5 billion. That represents the largest outflows since the height of the European sovereign crisis in mid-2011.
Negative investor sentiment seen in Q4 towards fixed-income exposure did reverse in 2015,
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules