The gush of redemptions from managed futures funds slowed in the last half of 2014, as the strategy outperformed all other hedge fund strategies over the year.
The last half of the year saw a revival of managed futures’ fortunes such that the strategy generated higher returns in one year than in the three previous years combined.
Performance seesawed for macro and managed futures funds in 2014 as a whole. The year began slowly, taking six months for macro funds to achieve positive cumulative
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?