If you see a shopper using their phone while eyeing products in a department store, they may well be looking for a better deal online. Ken Griffin, multi-billionaire founder of asset management and trading heavyweight Citadel, is no different.
"If you knew the store was offering a fair price, you would buy it there. But if you're not sure the price is fair, you feel compelled to check Amazon," he says.
Griffin feels the same way about swaps trading. One of the problems that always faces buy-side
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC