To be able to attract institutional money, what size do hedge funds need to be and how can they raise assets?
There are still lots of funds starting up that can be profitable below $200 million, but most do not have the infrastructure in place to position themselves to take institutional money from investors, who will want to see that the fund’s technology is more than just a spreadsheet as well as that human capital, including experienced operations and legal personnel, is in place.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019