The role of capital introduction has changed significantly, pushing up barriers for emerging managers. In an increasingly institutional world where the fight for every dollar of new capital is tougher than ever, hedge funds, the prime brokers who dominate the ‘cap intro’ space and institutional buyers are all attaching more value to the intelligence, rather than the pure introductions, that cap intro teams provide.
The result is a shifting focus in the cap intro process away from helping
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines