It will come as no surprise that many hedge fund managers in Europe and North America have no plans to become compliant with the alternative investment fund managers directive (AIFMD).
A recent survey reveals 44% of managers that will be impacted by the EU regulations are waiting for finalisation of the rules and further advice from local regulators before taking action. North Americas affected by AIFMD are even less prepared than their European counterparts, according to the Preqin study.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines