The remarkable growth in exchange traded funds (ETF) over the past few years has not gone unrecognised by the hedge fund community.
The European ETF market has grown in the three years since its inception, by Merrill Lynch, to 122 products with assets of E14.2bn, and has risen 47.6% since the beginning of this year. Globally, there are 291 ETFs on 27 exchanges around the world with total assets of over E151bn.
Mark Roberts, head of iShares product strategy in the ETF division of Barclays Global
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights