Around 20% of hedge fund assets are hard-to-value securities, according to a 2004 Alternative Investment Management Association survey.
For any institutional investor looking to invest in hedge funds, obtaining independent and fair valuations of assets needs to be at the top of their agenda. It is no wonder that regulators are now focusing on this area and hedge fund managers need to ensure that they are able to meet the requirements of an increasingly institutionalised marketplace that
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia