It doesn't seem to matter just how bad the situation appears to get for the US economy, the two-year-old euro is still struggling to break back into trading levels near parity with the dollar.
Even now, with commentators more and more convinced that the US recession will be more prolonged than the short, sharp snap first expected, the single currency can do no more than hold its own on the foreign exchanges.
Once again, speculative accounts, including many of the macro hedge funds, are
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?