According to a recently published report by Hedge Fund Research, the assets in the hedge fund industry continue to grow, with total assets estimated to have reached $665bn by the end of the first half of 2003.
The total number of funds rose significantly with the estimated amount around 5,655, up from 5,379 at the end of 2002.
Hedge Fund Research estimates 281 new funds were launched during the first half of 2003, of which 132 were fund of funds.
Funds of hedge funds have continued to attract
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia