More work needs to be done to improve hedge fund transparency, even though the industry's trade body has highlighted the fact that, on average, information and the frequency of release is improving.
The issue of understanding how a hedge fund is positioned, or at least its sector weightings, themes and strategy is crucial to investors in both individual hedge funds and funds of funds.
New York-based risk consultancy Capital Market Risk Advisors (CMRA) says there has been at least one unexpected
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines