Although the demand for Shariah compliant products is growing, hedge funds have been one of the last alternative investment vehicles to attempt the daunting task of being Shariah compliant. An impressive and combined effort of a number of companies and factors has produced what Barclays Capital hopes will be the blueprint for future Shariah compliant hedge fund platforms.
It is not only hedge funds that need to be convinced that the efforts at finding a way to comply with Shariah law are
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?