It's not so long ago that industry watchers wrote off convertible bond arbitrage as an overcrowded and effectively moribund strategy. How times have changed - last year's returns from the sector were higher than all but emerging markets, according to the hedge fund indices that have issued full-year results, measuring the performance at between 9.57% (HFRX) and 12.9% (Greenwich Global), with most others coming in at the top of that range.
Other later-reporting indices look set to register
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE