Derivative structures, specifically exchange-traded options, can provide several key advantages to institutional investors and investment managers.
Some of the advantages relate to asset switching and hedging, as well as cost savings and the ability to capture market trends without significant capital outlay.
Asset switching: The timing of any market turnaround and the liquidity of the cash markets at such a critical point are unknown quantities.
The obvious question is what can an asset manager
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?