BDT will launch its first hedge fund on 1 March, focusing on Japanese equities.
The long/short dollar denominated fund will also take small positions on currency.
Andrew Calender and Simon Dobson, who worked together previously at Invesco, will manage the fund. Calender managed the Invesco GT Japan Growth Fund and Invesco GT Japan Fund from 1988 to 2000. Dobson previously managed Invesco's Japan Investment Trust.
The fund will take around 60 positions with neutrality between long and short. The
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines