Prime brokers' capital-introduction teams may work well with hedge funds to raise assets, but independent marketers say some drawbacks exist in what regulations prohibit teams inside investment banks from doing for their hedge fund clients.
For compliance reasons, capital-introduction services by prime brokers seldom extend beyond an arrangement service to bring potential investors and managers together, explains Paul Radley, founder of London's Radley Capital Investments LLP.
Radley cites his
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019