London is the European centre of the hedge fund industry, with 80% of European hedge fund assets, and around 21% of global hedge fund assets, estimated to be managed out of London. More than 900 hedge fund managers are thought to be based in London, representing in the region of $360bn of assets under management.
These figures seem, as things currently stand, to be on an ever-upwards trend, and will likely be more impressive still by the time this article comes to print.
London is also a
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines