Consult the Oxford English Dictionary. Europe, and de facto, the rest of the world is living through a tragedy: an event causing great suffering, destruction and distress, such as a serious accident, crime or natural catastrophe.
While some may be inclined to see it as tragic-farce, no one is likely to be laughing if (when) the eurozone implodes. Hedge funds are clearly a pessimistic –or realistic – lot, with most managers clearly betting on a Greek exit of the union.
Even if somehow a major
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?