The looming prospect of government regulation may not be the biggest challenge to the continued success of hedge funds.
A greater threat may come from hedge fund customers - specifically, pension funds and other institutions that have lately developed a taste for this specialised style of investing.
A new pack of proprietors is crowding into the picture too, led by big banks, brokerages and other titans of the financial services establishment. From several directions at once, stand by for the
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief