Making the most out of the diversity of managed futures strategies is a key focus of the HI Varengold CTA Hedge. It does this by combining several managed futures and liquid global macro strategies in the portfolio with a more flexible approach than is typical among fund of hedge funds.
Manager selection and strategy allocation is mainly undertaken by Varengold's investment committee which subdivides the investment strategies into five major categories. These categories are trend following,
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules