A hotshot money manager with a proven track record. Investors lining up to give him money. Endorsements from all the right people. A "trust-me" response to questions about his strategy.
Does anyone remember Long-Term Capital Management (LTCM)? The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) ran a front-page profile recently of Eric Mindich, a graduate of Goldman Sachs's vaunted risk-arbitrage desk and founder of Eton Park Capital Management, a new hedge fund that holds the distinction of opening its doors with
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules