While Latin and South America have previously been regarded as a highly volatile market - in terms of equity, debt and political climate - it has proved a region of high returns from the hedge funds in its mature industry.
Guilherme Valle, hedge fund analyst at Connecticut fund of hedge fund (FoHF) firm ABS Investment Management, says Brazilian hedge funds can be divided in two groups.
The fundos multi mercado (multi-market funds), which mainly use fixed-income and equity instruments, and may
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief