Hedge funds experienced a horrendous 2008. Hit by negative returns across most strategies, hedge fund managers saw record redemption requests by investors, with total industry assets under management (AUM) almost halving in the 12-month period to just $998.4 billion, according to California-based TrimTabs Investment Research.
Fund managers may have looked upon 2009 as a fresh start and an opportunity to regain their footing. The preliminary figures for hedge fund performance were certainly
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants