When star fund managers or traders set up as a hedge fund, they leave the hassle of big-office life behind. But they also lose the support and infrastructure that makes life easier at a large firm. More than anything else, they know they are going to have to find a way of replicating the efficiency of the trading and trade-processing systems they are leaving behind.
In recent years, several technology suppliers have emerged to service this market, creating lower-cost systems that can
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights