In the latest evidence of banks expanding into the data business, UBS has named its head of research to a new role as group head of data analytics.
Juan-Luis Perez will retain his existing role as group head of research, adding the data analytics role on top. In that new capacity, he will report directly to Sergio Ermotti, the bank’s chief executive.
The role will cover the bank’s existing ‘Evidence Lab’ product, in which it undertakes custom analysis for its own analysts and sells alternative
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden