In the latest evidence of banks expanding into the data business, UBS has named its head of research to a new role as group head of data analytics.
Juan-Luis Perez will retain his existing role as group head of research, adding the data analytics role on top. In that new capacity, he will report directly to Sergio Ermotti, the bank’s chief executive.
The role will cover the bank’s existing ‘Evidence Lab’ product, in which it undertakes custom analysis for its own analysts and sells alternative
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?