Somewhere in the dry heat city of Palo Alto, Stephen Boyd is running an artificial intelligence (AI) lab financed by the world’s largest asset manager. Boyd, who also runs the electrical engineering department at Stanford, has been an adviser to BlackRock’s systematic active equity team for many years.
BlackRock is tight-lipped, but enthusiastic about the experiments cooking in the laboratory.
“At the lab, they’re taking a fresh perspective, separate from the day-to-day workflow,” says Jody
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?