UBS Asset Management has become the latest fund manager to set up a dedicated team to integrate the use of new types of data, machine-learning technology and other quant tools into its fundamental investment process.
The $795 billion asset manager has established a centralised quant unit called the Quantitative Evidence and Data Science (QED) team, to act as a resource for the firm’s non-quant investment professionals.
The group’s role will be to promote the use of data science throughout
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants