BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, is looking to use text sentiment analysis to gauge geopolitical risk, which it says is at its highest level since the Russian invasion of Crimea in 2014.
The BlackRock Geopolitical Risk Indicator (BGRI) works by tracking the number of times geopolitical risk is mentioned in the Dow Jones Global Newswire and Thomson Reuters’ broker report database – and crucially, the sentiment of the text. The more positive the BGRI score, the more concern for
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?