Asset prices are at an all-time high. Volatility is at historic lows. And Niall Coffey is uneasy.
The founder of Avoca Global Advisors, a global macro investment and research firm, sees rising macroeconomic and systemic risks on the horizon. Yet investors seem confident in central banks’ ability to maintain financial stability.
“Many investors have not learned the lessons of the global financial crisis, which stemmed directly from the inability of the major central banks to properly assess and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia