A leading indexing firm has started selling datasets of historical intraday index data, which could be used by quant funds to backtest new trading strategies or by banks to price exotic options on the indexes.
MSCI is selling archives of real-time data for its 10,000-plus indexes – including specialist indexes, such as those weighted to value or momentum, for which equivalent data from futures markets is not available.
After road-testing the idea in meetings with about 30 mainly hedge fund
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC