The financial crisis and economic turmoil has had a profound impact on the price of oil, according to Wichai Turongpun, head of economics and research at Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation (Apicorp). Turongpun is responsible for a wide range of economic and business research spanning macroeconomics, energy investment and risk assessment in the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region.
He believes the greater risk attached to investment decisions in the region will continue to impact oil prices
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE