The burden of handling compliance and regulatory issues has become a major obstacle to outsourcing finance and accounting (F&A) business functions, according to a survey of UK chief financial officers (CFO) conducted by LogicaCMG.
Increased regulation and emphasis on governance was identified by CFOs as the most significant barrier to outsourcing. Only 7% currently outsource any F&A functions, with 68% stating that the burden of current financial regimes is holding them back. The severity of
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules