In a speech that highlighted the way in which derivatives have contributed to global economic stability and prosperity, Bank of America’s chief executive and chairman, Kenneth Lewis, cautioned that the derivatives industry must work hard to ensure its operational capabilities are able to handle surging volumes.
“Can our ability to execute keep up with our ability to innovate and grow? The answer from the industry has not always been reassuring,” said Lewis during his keynote address at the 22nd
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines